RCE Ltd are a nationwide railway infrastructure and civil engineering service provider.
We deliver safe and sustainable solutions of all sizes across a variety of disciplines and complexities. We ensure the highest quality first time, every time.
As a sustainable business, our growth, vision and strategy have resulted in the capacity to provide a multi-skilled workforce that is capable of delivering a diverse range of works countrywide. Our reputation for safety, quality and reliability allows us to occupy an enviable position in the market-place.
We have a dedicated skilled labour and supervisory workforce that demonstrate exceptional competence in their field and offer a wealth of real experience of working in a railway environment. Our ability to tailor bespoke solutions to meet individual requirements enables us to add real value to projects.
RCE Ltd are a well established company, audited by RISQS and hold accreditation from several internationally recognised industry bodies such as UVDB, FORS and ISO 9001, 45001, 14001 .
"RCE provide a quality service and provide easy access to a knowledgable account manager. Their incredibly hands-on approach to labour supply and safety critical staff results in them offering a truly professional service."− Richard Furlong, Managing Director, City Surveys & Monitoring Ltd
"The standard of work that RCE deliver is consistently of a high quality. The RCE team are incredibly positive with a real ‘can-do’ approach to projects. I hope the RCE/Network rail relationship continues to flourish."− Katie Ferrier, Senior Programme Manager, Network Rail
"RCE Ltd have been an integral part of our success since 2013 and we look forward to this relationship continuing through 2015 and beyond."− Steve McWhan, Operations Director, ABC Electrification
Our specialised focus on ancillary civils and minor works, both line side and off-track, along with technical competence in concrete finishing and joinery is what sets us apart. Whilst we always ensure we have our eye on the bigger picture, for us it’s all about the detail.
We are bound by legislation to identify all existing services in the ground before we undertake any work, but our processes and efficiencies go above and beyond what is expected.
- Buried Services and Trial Holes (ground investigation)
- Under Track Crossings
- Signal Gantry bases
- REB foundations
- LOC and DNO foundations
- All types of troughing route
- All types of cable route
- SPT Walkways
- Site compound establishment including access roads
- Pallisade Fence installation
- Trackside Lighting
- Access Steps
- Project Initiation
- SSOW Planning
- Possession and Access Planning
- Construction planning and delivery
- Resource Scheduling
- Cost Control
- Agile approach
- Flexible around the needs of clients
- Provision of skilled staff on an ad-hoc basis
- Long term contract staff available
- Auto transformer foundations
- Ducting installation
- Earth mat insulation
- GRP cable route installation
- Crane pad construction
- Our comprehensive training programme ensures that all staff will have OLEC 1 Competence
- Excavation and installation of concrete bases
- Erection and installation of OHL Gantry structures (masts, booms)
STATIONS AND DEPOTS
- Platform extension and alterations
- Platform furniture installation
- Depot refurbishment
- Depot lighting
- RRAP installation and inspection
- Trackside drainage installation
- Track handback LV 1-4
- Permanent way survey and inspection
- Rail stressing
SAFETY AND SUSTAINABILITY
Our customers continue to face ever increasing challenges on their resources, against a backdrop where harsh economic realities put huge pressure on decision making
It is our responsibility to understand these challenges and respond to them in a way that will help our customers develop more sustainable businesses. As we continue to grow and build, we need to ensure that the services we offer to our clients are not offered at the expense of the world’s resources.
We strive to continuously improve and encourage our workforce to identify ways in which we can become more sustainable in a way that compliments the values of our organisation.
Whilst the environment is incredibly important to us, for us being a truly sustainable organisation is about so much more.
- Zero Harm – The safety of our employees, sub-contractors and the public is our number one priority and we are committed to achieving zero harm across the business.
- Empowered Workforce – We provide a safe environment for our employees to develop their talents, take ownership and challenge our thinking.
- Sustainable Supply Chain – We look to influence our supply chain to ensure that our customers are offered a best in class solution in a socially responsible way.
- Respect for Resources – We are mindful of our responsibilities towards preserving energy, waste and water.
- Healthy Communities – The areas surrounding our places of work are important to us and we have a responsibility to improve them wherever possible.
At the core of our sustainable vision are our values, and it is important to us that every single RCE employee is committed to embedding these in their work every single day.
We always put safety first, encouraging a zero-harm environment
We’re stronger together
We keep our promises, and aim to improve every day
We treat people as we like to be treated, including our neighbours, our environment and our resources.
RCE Civil Engineers ltd
St Michael’s Industrial Estate,
Cheshire, WA8 8TL